For the Fairbanks Builders family, the word “Custom” being part of the word “Customer” is no coincidence.
For three generations covering 60-plus years, the family business has stood for high quality and solid value for our Customers. We have found there is a proven building process utilizing a team approach and pre-planned steps that produce a pleasant Customer experience.
We construct homes that provide value and equity for you from the first day. We stay on the cutting edge of home-building trends and techniques by annually attending seminars and trade shows to maintain a highly educated staff. Membership in the (NAHB) National Association of Home Builders has been a great asset in keeping up to date with a constantly changing industry.
›› Call (319) 553-1457 to speak with a home expert
Superior custom homes. Amazing experiences.
Of course, home design is at the top of the list in the building process. Each home must have superior space planning and design guided by the Customer’s desires. We provide that service. Our plans and Custom designs are second to none. We are able to achieve these results with our talented in-house designer. She works with each Customer at every step of the design and selection process with the help of the latest tools and software which help you visualize exactly what your home will look like. Space planning is far more important than the amount of finished square footage. We spend more time in the home planning process to ensure that every detail has been taken into account and the home is built exactly to your specifications.
Communication is key. We work with our Customers not only face-to-face, but via our Customized online 24/7 communication portal. Selections, schedules, budgets and every penny spent is accounted for at this online web portal.
Superior construction of your home is achieved by detailed inspections at every step, from foundation to finish, ensuring that nothing is missed during the process. We provide scheduled walk-throughs with you at every critical phase, making certain we are meeting your goals and expectations.
Single family home features
Each Customer has a different idea of what their needs and wants are and what’s of value. We suggest the best products to fit your budget and present alternatives but in the end, the choice is yours. We start with you, the Customer. You determine the standard products. However, we do choose products that give our Customers great value and low maintenance needs for as long as possible.
- We design and build Custom homes with a higher level of detail on the exterior that is definitely not contractor grade. Colorization and texture enhancements are an important part of what we do.
- Our highly qualified staff interior designer helps you make all of the selections and pulls together that designer look for your new home.
- We are the dealer for Custom built Crestwood cabinets, making it possible for our Customers to buy these products at our cost. The product line offers high end finishes and numerous styles, and offers three different affordable grades.
- Our preference are quartz countertops for ease of use and low maintenance qualities but we also install Granite and Corian.
- We use the finest flooring and millwork products available in all of our homes. Most trim and millwork are Custom made for each home.
- Kitchen islands are standard. We also provide large walk-in pantries depending upon the Customization of the plan you choose.
- Large master suites with dual vanities, ceramic walk-in showers and large walk-in closets are standard.
- Accessibility is built in to every home with no-step home entry unless the Customer does not desire these accommodations. The cost is minimal for these upgrades.
- High energy efficiency is included in every home. All get the same high level attention to the products and methods used to keep your energy bills low.
- Oversized two-stall garages are standard. Three-stall garage options are available.
- Fully landscaped yard design is included. Over-story trees and front landscaping features are standard.
›› Learn more about building your new home. Call (319) 553-1457
On your own lot or in one of our neighborhoods
We have several locations in the Cedar Valley where we can locate your home. One of our developments, Heritage Hills III, aka “Boomerville”,provides a central location for easy access to anywhere in Cedar Falls. Many lots feature walkout capabilities, treed rear yards, open green spaces and creek side views.
We have a limited number of condo home lots remaining in Waterloo at Crossroads Estates, some with walkout ability or garden level living.
Being a Real Estate Broker, we have access to all of the building sites for sale in the Cedar Valley and are accustomed to scouring the area in order to find you that “just right” location or working with your Realtor in finding a suitable home site.
Owning your own lot works well for us as too. We will assess how the building site works with the design of the home you have chosen, making certain there are no unforeseen problems before a project is started.
Custom home construction
We provide every Customer with superior communication, both in person and by our online 24/7 communication portal. Selections, schedules, budgets and every penny spent is accounted for at this online web portal.
- Inspections and walk-throughs at every phase, from foundation to finish, ensure that we are meeting your goals and expectations.
- We install only poured-in-place foundations with sprayed on water proofing that comes with a lifetime warranty.
- All concrete, other than basement floors, are reinforced with ½” rebar.
- 2×6 walls are standard to achieve high insulation value but can also be achieved with a 2×4 wall as well.
- All insulation is blown-in fiberglass along with a high level of caulking and sound insulation for baths and master bedrooms.
- We use only superior construction materials such as windows by Anderson and Pella.
- We exclusively use Custom cabinetry from Crestwood cabinets known for its furniture quality construction and hand rubbed furniture looking finish.
- We use bullnose or rounded corners on all drywall and windows. All windows include wood sills and under sill trim. Full window extension jams are available with trim surround if desired.
- We use various kinds of floor coverings at the Customer’s choosing. With most homes we provide an equal amount of ceramic tile flooring, hardwood flooring and high grade carpeting/pad.
- Finish work is done by our professional craftsman to maintain proper fit and finish.
- Custom built-ins as requested and planned during the design process.
- We do all interior painting and staining with our own people so you are assured of a superior finish.
- Exteriors are accented with an appropriate amount of stone, brick or cultured stone products.
- Front windows and garage openings are accented with trim.
- Hail impact rated architectural style shingles are standard unless a look or color shingle is not offered with this feature.