Aging in Place
The concept of Aging in Place is rooted in the ideals of individualism, autonomy, and independence. Fairbanks Builders is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist, recognized by the National Association of Home Builders, serving the greater Cedar Falls Area with custom homes – built for your lifetime.
Using Universal Design principles, we create environments that meet today’s needs, as well as those of tomorrow:
- Modifying cabinet height
- Adding pull-down shelves or open-faced cabinets
- Leveraging open space and creating wider doorways and halls
- Creating no-step showers and entryways
- Including textured tile in bathrooms and kitchens
- Adding balance bars in the bathrooms and showers
- Enhanced lighting in stairways and hallways
- Single story living
These adaptive housing techniques can transform your lifestyle and empower you, while lessening the dangers of home accidents. Additionally, these features can be stylish and functional. With Universal Design, often we are able to hide the functionality beneath the beauty. No one will ever say your home looks “sterile” or “old.” On the contrary, your new home will fit needs, while complementing your lifestyle, and reflecting your personal taste.